Saturday, January 23, 2010

India or S. America? Which Way Should I Go?

863 Days to Complete 101 Dreams Come True

I have emerged from my cave feeling renewed and energized. My lips are turned up in a smile and I feel more centered. I've realized that throughout this journey I need to control the ever-present ego who wants to cause a ruckus by disrupting my peace. When my mind lives in the future worried about what may happen, or in the past being upset about events that hurt, I feel stress. When I stay right in the moment, taking in the beauty or even the hurt of life, I remain calm and magic happens.

Today I don't know which way to go. I had given up on rafting and kayaking the Futaleufu. My friends could no longer join me, and I decided that I would wait until next year. I was sad since this is a trip I've wanted to do for six years. Instead, I began to make plans to hike the Inca Trail, see Iguassu Falls, Buenos Aires, and Rio de Janeiro. Not a bad alternative.

Then last night my friend invited me to join her in India and Nepal. It would be a girl's month, traveling through India as we visited Ashrams. Del Marie has traveled to India numerous times for yoga training and knows the country well. It would be amazing to travel with her and our friend Swee.

I had almost changed my mind about going to S. America. I woke up this morning and began to look for flights to India. That's when I got the email from the rafting company in the Futaleufu. They have the perfect trip for me to join. It's everything I've wanted to do on the Fu. Now I have no idea which way to go. I want to do it all.

I guess this isn't a bad problem to have.

For now, I'm off to organize my house, work on the website, and write a press release. All in all a busy Saturday. Next week I won't have a whole lot of time for work since I need to go to San Francisco on Tuesday and then I'm hitting the slopes on Wednesday. So this weekend is for being responsible. Well until I go salsa dancing tonight.

I think I'll try to plan time for a bubble bath along with some meditation. Can't forget to continue to take things slow so that the flu doesn't come and get me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment