Friday, December 18, 2009

Will This Mind of Mine Just Shut Up

899 Days to Complete 101 Dreams Come True

Have you ever had the problem that your spirit feels right about something but your head just talks a bunch of poo? I believe my head, or at least the part in the back right quadrant is getting in my way!

The spirit and gut says, that going after my dreams is the right thing to do. That making all of this public can inspire people. It screams to have fun, don't stress, and allow this journey to unfold in the most joyous way possible.

The back quadrant is throwing a tantrum. It nags all the time causing worry and stress. It reminds me that I'm thirty-six and that I could be making the biggest mistake of my life. It tells me that I'm going to fail and that I can never accomplish all these dreams. I'm never going to get a book deal. No one is going to care about this website or this journey. I won't find the money to travel all over the world. I'm going to go broke if I stop worrying and just enjoy life. I will never have kids if I do this. I'm going to end up alone.

Who is this voice and how do I stomp her out?

I know she might be right. But I don't care. I want this. I want to take this journey and go after my dreams without the nagging voice. I want to crush my fears and say, "You're not allowed. Get out of my party." I want to stop seeing what could go wrong and focus on what has already gone right. I want to open my heart and trust in a higher power. I want to be present in the moment, whatever that moment is.

But how?

No comments:

Post a Comment