Friday, November 20, 2009

Onto the Next Dream

927 Days Left to Complete My List of Dreams

There's a big smile beginning to form on my face. My heart is fluttering and I feel like I'm falling in love with what might happen. Okay, so I'm being really cheesy, but sometimes I get bored being straight forward. If I could write this blog like mini short stories that could whisk you away from daily life with scenes and sensations I would. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a perfectionist when it comes to my fiction writing that it would take all day and sometimes a week to weave a story and I would never get anything else done. I promise in the future that I will surprise you with tales of adventure that read like fiction. It will be like my blog fantasy line.

Back to today and why I'm excited. I'm starting to plan my trip to S. America. This afternoon I received an email from a rafting and kayaking company in Chile. They're outlining an amazing ten day camping itinerary that includes rafting, kayaking, camping, hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. The best part, they are almost half the price of the other companies I've contacted. Woo Hoo!

I can already see the aqua water of the Futaleufu. I can feel the rush of the powerful rapids as we punch through holes. To see one of the most pristine rivers left on earth is the trip of my dreams. Many more things will have to come together and I will need to do all of it in the next month. I'm hoping that I can make this a two month trip throughout S. America. I want to hike the Inca trail, see the Galapagos, the Amazon, Igaussu falls, dance the Tango in Argentina ( I better start taking Tango lessons), visit my friends in Columbia, and hang glide and scuba dive in Rio de Janeiro. Everything will need to be planned and finances arranged within the next month. I don't know how it's going to happen, I just believe that it will.

The first part is falling into place. Now I just have to wait to see how the rest unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment